Bimatoprost (0.3mg/ml) + Timolol (0.5mg/ml)
Ocular hypertension and Glaucoma
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
0.3mg + 0.5mg
3ml in 1 Bottle
10 to 15 working days
Careprost Plus Eye Drop 0.03% is a combination of two drugs, bimatoprost (0.3mg/ml) + Timolol (0.5mg/ml). It belongs to a class of drugs called prostaglandin analogues. Used for the treatment of intraocular pressure (ocular hypertension) and glaucoma. It works by reducing the pressure of fluid (aqueous humor) in the eyeball, which helps to reduce the increase in intraocular pressure.
How do Careprost Plus work?
Fluid materials of natural origin fill our eyes. By continuously forming fresh fluid and eliminating excess fluid from the eye, this fluid keeps the pressure in the eye at a uniform level and causes pain and suffering. Careprost Plus reduce intraocular pressure by increasing the outflow of this fluid from the eye.
Benefits of Careprost Plus
in the treatment of glaucoma
Glaucoma is an eye disease that damages the optic nerve, which is essential for good eyesight. This damage is often caused by abnormally high intraocular pressure. this Eye Drop is used to reduce swelling and pressure inside the eye.
This prevents glaucoma complications such as blindness and improves vision. Glaucoma is inevitable. Frequent monitoring and regular examinations help detect the disease early.
For the treatment of ocular hypertension
Ocular hypertension is a condition in which intraocular pressure is higher than normal intraocular pressure. Careprost Plus Eye Drop increases the flow of fluid from inside the eye to the bloodstream, thereby reducing the increase in intraocular pressure.
This can prevent further damage and complications such as vision changes and blindness. Careprost Plus should only be used in the affected eye and should be taken regularly as prescribed by your doctor.
How to use Careprost Plus?
Please note that Careprost Plus are for external use only. Consider the dosage your doctor prescribes. For detailed instructions, you need to check the user manual in the product packaging.
Be careful when handling the dropper and be careful not to touch the dropper tip. Such neglect can cause bacterial contamination and eye damage.
Press the dropper lightly and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid. Carefully wipe off excess liquid around the eyes. Close your eyes for a few minutes as directed by your doctor.
Below are Careprost reviews on side effects:
- Vision loss or blindness
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Color change in vision
- Change eye color
- Eye discharge
- Mild to severe headaches
- Increase in hair growth
- Burning or itching sensation in the eyes
- Eye redness or irritation
- Swollen eyes
- pain in the eyes
- Careprost Plus have been prescribed to you to lower the pressure in the eye and reduce the risk of blindness.
- Press the outer corner of the eye (near the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instillation.
- If you wear soft contact lenses, remove them before putting in these eye drops and wait at least 15 minutes before putting your lenses back in.
- To avoid contamination of the eye drops, do not touch surfaces or eyes with the dropper tip.
- On first use, your vision may be blurred for a short time. Be careful before driving a car or operating machinery.
- Eyelashes may temporarily become longer, thicker and darker. It is not harmful.
- Prolonged use can cause brown eye pigmentation. It can be permanent, but it doesn’t hurt.
- After opening, be sure to use within 4 weeks.
Drug-Drug Interaction: Careprost Plus 0.03% Drops 3ml is known to interact with antihypertensive medications (atenolol, nifedipine, verapamil), heart medications (quinidine), diabetes medications (metformin, glibenclamide), medicines for the treatment of depression (fluoxetine and paroxetine), other ophthalmic medicines based on prostaglandins (latanoprost, tafluprost, travoprost, unoprostone).
Other general warnings
Please consult your doctor if:
- Suffering from respiratory diseases (asthma, COPD) or viral infections.
- Low heart rate and low blood pressure.
- Have you ever had eye surgery, or do you have dry eyes?
- Avoid spreading the drops on the skin around the eyes and face as this can increase hair growth.
- There is a possibility of eyelash growth, darkening of the eyelid skin and increased iris pigmentation associated with the treated eye, which can make a difference in the appearance of both eyes.
- You can remove your contact lenses before applying this eye drop and put them back in after 15 minutes.
What is Careprost Plus?
Answer: This drug is used to treat ocular hypertension (which drains fluid from the eye) or increased intraocular pressure, open angle glaucoma.
How long will I have to use Careprost Plus before my symptoms improve?
This drug should be consumed until the disease is completely eradicated. Therefore, it is recommended to use it for the time prescribed by the doctor. Also, taking this medicine for longer than expected may not have the full effect on the patient’s condition.
How often should I use Careprost Plus?
The duration of the effect of this drug depends on the severity of the patient’s condition. Therefore, the frequency of use of this drug varies from person to person. It is advisable to follow the correct prescription from the doctor as directed according to the patient’s condition.
What are the storage and disposal instructions for Careprost Plus?
This medicine contains salts that can only be stored at room temperature. Holding this medicine above or below it may produce insufficient effect. Protect from moisture and light. Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.