Ocular hypertension and Glaucoma
Allergan India Pvt Ltd
Bimatoprost (0.01% w/v)
3ml in 1 Bottle
10 to 15 working days
Lumigan Eye Drops 0.01%
Lumigan Eye Drops 0.01% is an FDA approved prescription medicine containing an ophthalmic medicine called bimatoprost, used to treat high/raised eye pressure.
It can cause a condition called glaucoma. It works by increasing the production of aqueous humor (fluid in the eye) and lowering intraocular pressure.
Lumigan eye drops 0.01% 3ml can be used alone or in combination with other medications. Glaucoma is an eye disease in which the optic nerve is damaged. This damaged nerve leads to an abnormal increase in intraocular pressure.
Lumigan is also sometimes known by its generic name, Lumigan Bimatoprost Eye Drops. Growth of eyelashes is observed when the patient uses the eye drops, but this situation disappears when the patient stops using the eye drops.3
How does Lumigan Eye Drops 0.01% work?
Exactly how Lumigan works is difficult to explain, but it can be thought of as increasing the outflow of aqueous humor by draining it from the eye through two different pathways.
It regulates the flow of fluid in the eye and restores it to normal so that the patient can feel a pleasant sensation in the eye.
What are Lumigan eye drops 0.01% used for?
Lumigan eye drops 0.01% are used to lower blood pressure in the eye (also called intraocular pressure) in people with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension. This eye drop is also called bimatoprost eye drop.
Lumigan treats increased intraocular pressure, helping progressive disease that can lead to blindness.
Direction of use
Lumigan Eye Drops 0.01% is for ophthalmic use only. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using Lumigan Eye Drops 3ml. Lie down and tilt your head back.
Gently pull the lower eyelid with your index finger to create a pocket. Place a few drops in your lower eyelid pocket as directed by your doctor.
Close your eyes for 1-2 minutes. Replace the outer cap after use. Do not touch the eye, eyelid or surrounding area with the tip of the container, as this may contaminate the 3ml of Lumigan eye drops.
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Eye itching
- Burning eyes
- Eye pain or irritation
- Eye tearing
- Darker skin around your eye
- Dry Eyes
Detailed notes and warnings
Never take Lumigan Eye Drops 0.01% if you are allergic or hypersensitive to Lumigan Eye Drops 3ml, other antibiotics or sulfonamides.
Tell your doctor about all prescription and over-the-counter medications you take, especially eye medications, aspirin-containing products, and vitamins. If you have kidney problems, uveitis, macular edema.
Dosage adjustments may be needed. If you are taking other eye drops, consult your doctor first.
If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using Lumigan Eye Drops 3ml and put them back on after 15 minutes after using Lumigan Eye Drops 3ml.
Before using Lumigan Eye Drops 3ml, wash your hands thoroughly to avoid infections.
Drug-Drug Interactions: Lumigan 3ml eye drops may interact with another prostaglandin eye drops such as latanoprost, tafluprost, travopost and unoprostone.
Drug-Food Interactions: Lumigan Eye Drops 3ml interacts with over-the-counter medications, vitamins, dietary supplements, and herbal products that you are taking or planning to take.
Drug-disease interactions: Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver or kidney disease, uveitis (inflammation of the eye) or macular edema (buildup of fluid in the eye that causes swelling).
Precautions while using Lumigan.
- Lumigan eye drops are not for use by patients under the age of 16.
- Store Lumigan Drops only in a cool, dry place out of reach of children. The bottle should be tightly closed when not in use.
- Do not share medicines with others and discard bottles older than 2 months after opening.
- Patients should discuss their current medical conditions with their doctor before starting to use Lumigan Eye Drops.
- We do not recommend using Lumigan if you are allergic to Bimatoprost.
Doctors need to know:
- Have recently had a swollen eye or infection.
- you witnessed a retinal detachment.
- have had eye surgery or have had an injury that damaged the eye lens.
- The interaction of Lumigan during pregnancy is unknown, so ask your doctor if it is safe to use Lumigan eye drops during pregnancy or if you are planning to become pregnant. Also, if you are breastfeeding. Or ask your doctor if it is safe to use Lumigan Bimatoprost while breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you need to prescribe Lumigan 0.01% drops if you are being treated with over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal products.
Buy Lumigan eye drop online or look for coupons for Lumigan to find the entire product for the best price for this eye care medicine online at royalpharmacart.com.